fbpx

We would like to introduce you to Eleanor Pepper, one of Performing Arts students.

Eleanor progressed from the John Leggott Academy and joined John Leggott College sixth form in 2019 to study A Level Drama, English Language and BTEC Musical Theatre.

Eleanor is one of the most all-round talented Drama students I have taught here at JLC. Over the past few years, I have been lucky enough to take Eleanor through her GCSEs (where she achieved a 9!) and now her A-Levels. Eleanor is a gifted performer, has a sharp creative mind, and I have no doubt that she has what it takes to be hugely successful in the performance industry in the future.” Luke Hickman, Drama Tutor.

What is the Performing Arts Progression Programme?

The Performing Arts Progression Programme is part of our Extended Opportunities provision at John Leggott College under the Progression Pathway. This programme was set up to support students through their performance journey to achieve progression after college to elite universities in this industry and conservatoires. Conservatoires provide performance-based higher education, in music, drama, dance, screen and production courses.

Interviewer: How long have you been interested in performing?

Eleanor: For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to be involved with performing. Both my parents were involved in theatre in the local area, so I have always been surrounded by it all.

Interviewer: How has the Performing Arts Progression Programme supported you with your progression aim?

Eleanor: Both Luke and Charlotte (my Drama and Musical Theatre tutor)  have helped me with audition materials and preparation but also looking into different options and paths for schools are further progressions. Both my teachers have been very encouraging and supportive throughout this process and the past few years at college.

Interviewer: What extra-curricular activities do you take part in at college?

Eleanor: I am not part of any other curriculars at college, but I always stay back for extra rehearsals as well as helping at open days for the performing arts department at college.

Interviewer: Where have you applied to study?

Eleanor: I have applied to LMA, St Mary’s University, Rose Bruford College and University of Chichester.

Interviewer: Can you tell us about your application process?

Eleanor: I applied for my chosen schools through UCAS and then I received audition material and deadlines which I had to self-tape different monologues/songs/dances for the schools.

Interviewer: What is your future career aim?

Eleanor:  I hope to be in a career that is creative in nature, I would love to one day have performed on a West End stage in a musical or play. The theatre industry is something I am passionate about and something that I really want to be part of.

Interviewer: Thank you for taking the time to share your journey and we keep your fingers crossed for the remainder of your auditions.

Recent News

John Leggott College are a recognised TASS accredited institution

Read More

View more

Charlie Tanner – Performing Arts Progression Case Study

Read More

View more