fbpx

Excellent, high earning career pathways now await John Leggott students further to their outstanding A level and BTEC results.

Students will now be progressing into a range of subject areas, including Psychology, Law and Criminology.  Around 70 students are looking forward to lucrative careers in Accounts, Business and Economics.   New Durham University Accountancy and Finance undergraduate Lily Featherstone, ex SJN said “this was my biggest stepping stone, but hard work pays dividends”. 

Four students will go to the prestigious universities of Oxford and Cambridge to embark upon their next academic adventures.  Vignesh Kamath, former Caistor Grammar School, has achieved a place at Emmanuel College Cambridge studying Economics and stated “the pandemic made me more independent and three A*s places me in great stead for my next chapter”.  

A record number of 15 aspiring medics, dentists and vets will be starting their higher education courses this September.  Jefin James, ex-St. Bede’s Catholic Academy, has achieved a place on the Gateway to Medicine programme at the Hull York Medical School.  “The teachers and Principal were really supportive and motivational.  They’ve helped me immensely to fulfil my dreams of becoming a doctor.”

Former Frederick Gough student, Charlie Tanner has secured a Music place at the Leeds Conservatoire. “I am grateful to all my teachers, but in particular my Music teacher who ensured my drumming skills were perfected.” 

Principal Leon Riley said “once again, I am proud of our students’ success and achievement in what has been two years of pandemic upheaval.  I am equally proud of the teaching and support staff who worked tirelessly to ensure all students were cared for in meeting their goals, particularly during many difficult days.  As a college, we are excited that our students will become the next successful professionals of the future.”

The JLC family has a long history of alumni progressing on to successful destinations.  We congratulate all our students on their phenomenal achievement and wish them continued success in the future.

Recent News

We would like to congratulate Tilly Grout on receiving the Carl Meyer bursary 2021

Read More

View more

John Leggott College celebrates another year of success for their GCSE results day!

Read More

View more