fbpx

As the demand continues to increase for our NHS and healthcare services nationally, John Leggott College continues to play an important part in providing successful Health & Social Care professionals of the future.   Students will progress on to undergraduate courses for nursing, paramedics and other health-related professions from our extensive vocational range of BTEC Health & Social Care courses at Level 3.

As well as learning within a pandemic environment and all its constraints, this year’s Health & Social Care intake has experienced externally assessed examinations for the first time, further to the Government changes in the assessment of the majority of vocational qualifications.  The first set of BTEC external-assessed examinations were sat in January and the results have just been received.

Chris Salisbury, Health & Social Care tutor explained “for the first ‘real life’ exam, I was immensely proud of all the hard work, dedication and commitment our learners gave to the course and also this particular module. The second year students sat an exam on Anatomy and Physiology, a particular challenging subject to recall and they performed well despite COVID”.

Macey Kirk, former Outwood Academy Foxhills student, is a second year Health and Social Care cadet and aspiring nurse.  She achieved a Distinction in one of her exams and said “a career in Nursing has always been a dream of mine; I think it’s such an admired profession. First-hand experience has shown what a positive impact a nurse can have on a patient and I aspire to make the same difference in the future. I was really pleased with my grades after sitting an exam for the first time in my life.”

Former Gainsborough Academy and Health & Social Care student, Harry Lindsay reported “becoming a paramedic means everything to me, caring for the community and helping those in need. I currently volunteer for St John’s Ambulance alongside my studies. My plan is to take a gap year before university and complete a course in Ambulance Technician Practice to continue developing my experience in order to progress on to study Paramedic Science at university in 2023.”

Principal and CEO,  Leon Riley, summarised by saying “John Leggott College has an excellent history in providing the NHS and private sectors with nurses, healthcare assistants, paramedics and other professionals.  I am pleased that in spite of changing assessments models, our students are well equipped to work at the frontline of our local and national health provision.”

John Leggott College continues to pride itself on preparing students for individual examination success which will allow them to fulfil their personal career ambitions and dreams.

Recent News

Celebrating JLC Sports Awards 2022

Read More

View more

John Leggott College launches new 180 degree immersive technological space

Read More

View more