Accounting AS Level | A Level
What will I learn?
AS-Level course: 1st Year
In the first year, students take study the following:
- Role of the Accountant in business
- Types of business organisations
- The double entry model
- Verification of accounting records
- Accounting concepts in the preparation of accounts
- Preparation of financial statements for sole traders
- Limited company accounts
- Analysis and evaluation of financial information
- Marginal Costing
A-Level course: 2nd Year
There is considerable overlap between the AS level content and the first year of the A level, so that both AS and A level students may be taught together in the first year. In addition the full A level will also cover the following:
- Standard costing and variable analysis
- Absorption and activity based costing
- Capital investment appraisal
- Accounting for organisations and incomplete records
- Accounting for limited companies
- Interpretation, analysis and communication of accounting information
- The impact of ethical considerations
GCSE Maths and English of Grade 5. GCSE Average 5.8 or above.
How long will it take to qualify?
1 year / 2 years
How will I be assessed?
One 3 hour examination / Two 3 hour examinations
Who is this course aimed at?
Accountancy is attractive to students who:
- Wish to pursue a career in the accounting or financial sector
- Wish to start their own business and require an understanding of finance
- Enjoy analysing and interpreting data
- Do not want to study Mathematics at University, but would like to pursue a course with a large numerical content
A level Accountancy is an ideal platform to study Accountancy at degree level and also to start a career in accountancy. It is highly valued in careers including retail and banking and is useful for anyone wishing to start their own business.
- A Level
- AS Level
- 1 Year
- 2 Years