Business BTEC Extended Diploma
What will I learn?
All units count equally to the final grade that you will be awarded. Eight units need to be completed to gain the diploma
- Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Management Accounting
- Creative Product Promotion
- Marketing Research in Business
- Internet Marketing in Business
- Recruitment and Selection
- Career Planning
- Running a business event
- Exploring Team Development
- Supporting Business Activities
- Understanding Retailing
- Starting a Small Business
- Understanding Business Ethics
- Business and the Economic Environment
- Financial Services for individuals
5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above, including Maths and English at Grade 4 or above. GCSE points score average of 4.0 or above, including 5 C grades.
How long will it take to qualify?
How will I be assessed?
The course has two externally assessed units; the remaining units will be assessed by the completion of appropriate coursework. Students will need to work to deadlines set in order to be successful.
Additional Learning Opportunities
You can take part in other learning activities including Young Enterprise.
Who is this course aimed at?
The BTEC Diploma in Business will be attractive to students who:
- have an interest in a business related career;
- want to find out more about how modern businesses work;
- wish to study business at a higher level but in more depth than at A-level
- want to take a course where they are assessed mainly by coursework
- would like to gain employment within the Health and Social Care sector
You could move directly into employment or progress on to Higher Education to pursue a career in business areas including finance, management and marketing.
- BTEC Level 3
- 2 Years