Business Studies A Level
What will I learn?
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Maths at Grade 4, English at Grade 5 or above and a GCSE points average above 4.9.
How long will it take to qualify?
How will I be assessed?
Paper 1: 2-hour exam with three compulsory sections:
Section A has 15 multiple choice questions (MCQs) worth 15 marks.
Section B has short answer questions worth 35 marks.
Sections C and D have two essay questions (choice of one from two and one from two) worth 25 marks each. A Level weighting 33.3%
Paper 2: 2-hr exam with three data response compulsory questions worth approximately 33 marks each and made up of three/four part questions (A-level weighting 33.3%)
Paper 3: 2-hr exam with one compulsory case study followed by approximately six questions (A-level weighting 33.3%)
Before the qualification can be awarded, students must undertake all the assessments.
Additional Learning Opportunities
You can take part in other activities including Young Enterprise.
Who is this course aimed at?
A Level Business Studies is attractive to students who want to:
- Assess decision making and learn how to improve organisational performance
- Develop a strategic understanding of how businesses work
- Study and engage with the business world and follow corporate developments
You can move directly into employment or move into Higher Education to pursue a career in business areas including finance, management and marketing.
- A Level
- 2 Years