Business BTEC Diploma
What will I learn?
All units count equally to the final grade that you will be awarded. Eight units need to be completed in order to gain the Diploma.
- Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Creative Product Promotion
- Marketing Research in Business
- Recruitment and Selection
- Career Planning
- Running a Business Event
- Exploring Team Development
- Understanding Retailing
- Financial Services for Individuals
Maths & English at Grade 4 or above and a GCSE points score average of 3.2 or above.
How long will it take to qualify?
How will I be assessed?
The course has two externally assessed units; the remaining units will be assessed by the completion of appropriate coursework. Students will need to work to set deadlines in order to be successful.
Additional Learning Opportunities
You can take part in activities including Young Enterprise.
Who is this course aimed at?
The BTEC Diploma in Business will be attractive to students who:
- have an interest in a business related career
- want to find out more about how modern businesses work
- wish to study business at a higher level but in more depth than at A-level
- want to take a course where they are assessed mainly by coursework
You can move directly into employment or move into Higher Education to pursue a career in business areas including finance, management and marketing.
- BTEC Level 3
- 2 Years