Business Studies BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
What will I learn?
All units count equally to the final grade that you will be awarded. The four units need to be completed over one year to gain the Extended Certificate.
- Unit 1: The Business Environment
- Unit 2: Business Resources
- Unit 3: Introduction to Marketing
- Unit 4: Business Communication
- Unit 10: Marketing Research in Business
- Unit 13: Recruitment and Selection in Business
Maths & English at Grade 4 or above and a GCSE points average of 3.2 or above.
How long will it take to qualify?
One or two years.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be assessed by the completion of appropriate coursework. Students will need to work to deadlines set in order to be successful.
Additional Learning Opportunities
You can take part in activities including Young Enterprise.
Who is this course aimed at?
The Business Studies BTEC Subsidiary Diploma is aimed at students who:
- have an interest in a business related career
- want to find out more about how modern businesses work
- want to take a course where they are assessed entirely by coursework
You can move directly into employment, or move into Higher Education to pursue a career in business areas including finance, management and marketing.
- 1 or 2 years