Drama & Theatre is ideal for students who have a keen interest in performing and/or designing theatre. Whether you enjoy the thrill of performing live for an audience & creating your own unique practical work, or you wish to develop your theatrical lighting, sound, set, or costume design skills, or you simply love watching, reading and writing about plays – this is the course for you!
There will also be additional opportunities to watch professional productions at regional venues as part of the course.
This qualification is valued by many employers recruiting for people-orientated careers.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Enjoy performing live for an audience
- Enjoy watching, analysing and critiquing live theatre
- Are interested in Theatre Design
- Enjoy writing about Drama & Theatre
- Would like to study a performance-based course at Level 3
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework: (10% Practical 20% Written), practical performances (30%), and one written exam (40%).
- Devising: You will work as part of a group (2-6) to create an original performance piece. This will be developed from an exam board stimulus which change each year. This component is marked by your teacher and moderated by the exam board.
- Text in Performance: You will undertake a key role in two extracts from a scripted play. These performances will be to an audience and examined by an external examiner.
- Written Paper: You will complete one written exam (1.5hours) comprised of 1 Set-text study & 1 Live Theatre Evaluation
An interest in performing or designing.
How is the course assessed:
Coursework, practical performance, exam.