This course is ideal for learners who are interested in both the literary and linguistic aspects of texts. Students will study two prose texts, a play, a range of unseen texts and an anthology of texts containing a variety of genres. Students will produce two original writing pieces with a commentary.
You could complement your studies with enrichment activities including work experience or Creative Writing society.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who;
- Have an interest in grammar and how writers target specific audiences when producing particular genres is essential to the understanding of the course unit.
- Have an interest in how both written and spoken language works
- Enjoy reading books, watching and listening to films and plays
- Are interested in how stories work
- Are curious as to how writers use words to influence an audience
- Enjoy reading various texts and analysing them closely
- Are curious as to how language and social influences affect each other
- Enjoy writing in a variety of ways, for a variety of purposes
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams and coursework. The Two Components are:
- Voices in Speech and Writing;
- Varieties in Language and Literature.
GCSE Grade 5 in English Language and Literature and an average points score of 4.6 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams and coursework.