This course is ideal for learners who would like to embark on largely self-directed projects by taking responsibility for the choice and design of an individual project. It helps develop skills ready for Higher Education: this course is highly beneficial to students who are thinking of applying to a competitive course. Students will become more critical, reflective and independent learners. They will develop their planning, research analysis and presentation skills and learn to apply new technologies confidently; demonstrating creativity, initiative and enterprise.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to become more critical, reflective and independent learners
- Would like to develop and apply decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Would like to increase their planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- Would like to learn to apply new technologies confidently
- Would like to demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework. All EPQ students follow the same basic Project process, and have to supply the following evidence for assessment:
- Project product, in the form of a research report, production or artefact*
- A written report
- A presentation of the completed Project
- A completed Production Log
Open to students who are on target to achieve As and Bs at A Level
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.