This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in any aspect of the media and games industry and would like to learn how games are developed, focusing on the creative development of game ideas. Students will get the chance to make practical media productions of their own, use media equipment such as photography graphics and design packages plus a sound studio.
You could complement your studies with enrichment activities including our E-Gaming society, Anime, Classic consoles or Dungeons and Dragons.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Have an interest in the media and games industry
- Would like to learn about how games are developed
- Would like an opportunity to create practical media productions of their own
- Would like to use media equipment such as graphic and design packages and a sound studio
- Enjoy research and independent work
- Would like to go into employment in areas such as computing, IT or a media specialism
- Would like to study a media related course at higher education
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams. The Units are:
- Pre-Production Techniques for the Media Industry
- Communication Skills for the Media Industries
- Computer Games Design
- Digital Graphics for Games
- Research Techniques for the Media Industries
- Computer Game Story Development
- Human-Computer Interfaces for Computer Games
BTEC Level Three
GCSE Grade 4 in English with an average points score of 4 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.
Games Design is a fantastic course if you want to learn everything with the basics as a foundation.