This course is ideal for learners who have a strong interest in Computing. This course covers elements such as building computer systems, computer games development and software development as well as 3D modelling, human computer interaction, animation and web development.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to get hands-on experience in using, designing and developing computer systems, software, Games Development and Websites
- Would like to have an IT or computing related career
- Would like to study an IT based course at higher education
- Would like to find out more about computers and their role in everyday life
- Would like to understand the main principles of solving problems for business users
- Would like to learn how to program in a modern programming language
- Would like to understand the applications of computers in networks and the Internet
- Would like to develop skills in web design and management
- Would like to learn how to build and maintain PCs, networks and how to install and configure softward
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by (80%) coursework and (20%) controlled exam. The Units are:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Building Computer Systems
- Computer Games Development
- Software Development
- 3D Modelling
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- IT Systems Security
- Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Website Development
BTEC Level Three
GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 with an average points score of 3.2 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by (80%) coursework and (20%) controlled exam.
I enjoy IT because it is interactive and is based on learning whilst doing.