This course is ideal for learners who have a strong interest in Computing. This course covers elements such as building computer systems, computer games development and software development as well as Global Information, AR, VR, Social Media, Computer Systems & Hardware, Programming, Cyber Security.
Click here for our dedicated curriculum intent.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to get hands-on experience in using, designing and developing computer systems, software, Games Development and Websites
- Would like to have an IT or computing related career
- Would like to study an IT based course at higher education
- Would like to find out more about computers and their role in everyday life
- Would like to understand the main principles of solving problems for business users
- Would like to learn how to program in a modern programming language
- Would like to understand the applications of computers in networks and the Internet
- Would like to develop skills in web design and management
- Would like to learn how to build and maintain PCs, networks and how to install and configure softward
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by (90%) coursework and (10%) controlled exam. The Units are:
- Principles of Computer Science
- Building Computer Systems
- Computer Games Development
- Software Development
- 3D Modelling
- Planning and Management of Computing Projects
- IT Systems Security
- Human Computer Interaction
- Digital Graphics and Animation
- Website Development
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Development
- Unity technical Skills
- Communication skills
- Computer Systems
- Exam Techniques
- Software Design Skills
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Testing and Systems analysis
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Hardware and software
BTEC Level Three
GCSE English and Maths at Grade 4 with an average points score of 3.2 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by (80%) coursework and (20%) controlled exam.
I enjoy IT because it is interactive and is based on learning whilst doing.