Photography (Art & Design) A Level
What will I learn?
Unit 1 Personal Investigation:
- How to use a 35mm manual SLR camera
- Black and white photography skills
- Studio photography
- How to support your ideas through image analysis and evaluation
- Critical understanding of photography and its uses
- How to mount and present your images
- Practical work where students build upon their previous experience
- The use of colour photography and digital imaging
GCSE English at grade 5 and Art at grade C or above with a good summer task.
GCSE (old) Points Average 5.0 or above including 5 C grades.
How long will it take to qualify?
How will I be assessed?
Unit 1 Personal Investigation. A Level weighting 60%
Unit 2 Externally-set assignment: internally marked, externally moderated. A Level weighting 40%
Additional Learning Opportunities
There will be opportunities to visit art galleries and other cultural events and you may have the opportunity to enter your work into exhibitions.
Who is this course aimed at?
Photography is attractive to students who:
- have an interest in lens-based media
- are interested in working creatively with 35mm black and white film, digital capture and image editing/manipulation
- are interested in understanding and analysing contemporary images
- are doing other Art/Design/Media/Graphics courses, and wish to broaden their experience
Potential career opportunities include commercial photography, photojournalism, portrait photography, film and television or teaching. You will build up a portfolio of mounted images during your course.
- A Level
- 2 Years