This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their language skills or progress in a career in languages. This course is ideal for students who have studied Spanish at GCSE or have family in Spain and wish to further their studies.
You could complement your studies with enrichment activities including culture society.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Wish to broaden their studies and add a qualification that is attractive to employers
- Enjoy learning languages and have a dynamic approach to work
- Enjoy travelling and learning about other cultures, people and places
- Have an interest in wider European issues
- Would like to go onto a career within business, travel, media, teaching or interpreting
- Would like to study a foreign language at Higher Education
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by a examinations. The Assessments will cover:
- Aspects of Hispanic society
- Artistic culture in the Hispanic world
- Multiculturalism in Hispanic society
- Aspects of political life in Hispanic society
- One text and one film
- Individual research project
GCSE Spanish at Grade 6 is preferred with an average points score of 4.6 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by an examination.
Taking Spanish has encouraged me to learn more about other cultures.