Vocational Studies BTEC Level 1
What will I learn?
During the one-year course you will complete vocational units of work, which are likely to include:
- Planning a visit
- Investigating healthy lifestyles
- Use of technology
- Looking at UK travel destinations
- Preparing for work
- Looking at personal development
- Basic cooking skills
- Career progression
- Applying for work
You will also complete:
- GCSE Use of Maths, GCSE Maths or Functional Skills Maths
- GCSE English or Functional Skills English
As well as:
- Go on visits
- Join in team building activities
- Produce and take part in presentations
- Use a wide range of resources
- Produce a portfolio of work
- Practise communication skills
- Produce an up-to-date CV
- Plan a team event
How long will it take to qualify?
How will I be assessed?
GCSE Use of Maths / Maths GCSE Foundation: AQA External modular exams
English / Maths: Functional Skills Entry Level and/or Levels 1 or 2
GCSE English, depending on previous grade
Vocational Units including ICT: BTEC Level 1 Award, Certificate or Extended Certificate
Additional Learning Opportunities
Every effort will be made to offer work experience opportunities for at least half a day a week. Students are encouraged to access a suitable Enrichment course. This gives a chance to learn new skills and meet other students across college.
Who is this course aimed at?
BTEC Level 1 Vocational Studies is a one-year course aimed at students who:
- have achieved mainly grades E, F and G in GCSE
- want to be in further education and gain successful outcomes
- want to work towards improving their chance of accessing a higher level course, training or employment
- may need a friendly, structured way of working to support their learning
- need to improve their skills, particularly in English, Maths and ICT
- need to be given opportunities to gain more confidence and develop their life skills
- enjoy working with others and being part of a team
Once you successfully complete the course you could possibly continue at John Leggott College on an appropriate course, apply for work-based training, apply to other colleges, or seek employment.
- BTEC Level 1
- Vocational Studies
- 1 Year