The Step Up Pathway
The Step Up Pathway at JLC is designed specifically for students who require to improve their GCSE portfolio and progress on to a Level 3 programme.
The programme can be tailored to suit the students specific learning needs through 1-1- support and our bespoke tutorial programme.
Level Two Coordinator
- A tailored programme specific to your needs.
- An opportunity to English and Maths in order to achieve a grade 4.
- Careers, information advice and guidance.
- Support for additional needs.
- Specialist Academic Advocate support to review continuous progress.
- Work experience opportunities.
- Extended Opportunities in Progression, Health & Wellbeing or Interests.
- Opportunities to attend guest speaker talks, visit employers and other progression activities.
- A specific transition day for your cohort.
- An opportunity to meet new people and make friends.
- Access to all JLC facilities, including IT.
Students who choose the Step Up Pathway are students who would like to build on their GCSE portfolio in order to progress on to Level Three courses and achieve their chosen destination.
A typical example of this pathway may mean that students require to improve their GCSE English and Maths scores in order to achieve their aspiration. It is paramount for us to support these students to strive to achieve the best possible outcome and results.
Last year, over 90% of our learners on the Step Up Pathway progressed on to Level Three Courses at John Leggott College.
#ThisIsThePlace for Progression
- Creative Media
- Health and Social Care
- Principles of Applied Science
- Public Services
So for example, if you would like to progress in Sport but need to re-sit your Maths and English at GCSE this is what your course programme may look like.
Year One: (Level Two)
- Maths GCSE
- English GCSE
- L2 Applications in Applied Science
Year Two and Three: (Level Three)
- A Level Physical Education
- Applied Science
- Pre-Medical Award
- Physiotherapy, Science, Teaching