A*SPIRE – our gifted and talented programme
When you apply to John Leggott College you will have the opportunity to sign up to our gifted and talented programme, A*spire.
A*spire is our stretch and challenge programme which offers opportunities to gifted, talented and able students to help them gain a competitive edge, maximise their potential and help them to achieve their highly ambitious goals. We achieve this by offering support alongside challenging opportunities which are individually tailored to each student.
A*spire is for gifted students who show academic ability in a particular subject area, talented students who show ability in areas such as Sport, Music, Art and Performing Arts, or able students who show academic ability across many subject areas.
The programme has been supporting students progress to top performing Universities for nearly 50 years. The A*spire programme is all about supporting you to achieve your full potential.
A*spire helps to broaden academic and cultural horizons by offering a range of activities to help you stand out from the crowd, including:
- Academic coaching from the college’s Senior Management Team
- Access to MOOCs (Massive Online Open Courses) to stretch your subject knowledge and skills
- JLC societies to challenge you in your subject areas and enhance your learning
- Bespoke support with Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary and Russell Group University applications
- Guidance on Higher Apprenticeships
- Links to employers and work experience to enrich your applications
- Applications to summer schools and internships
- Trips and visits to Russell Group Universities
All of these activities will support you in progressing on to top performing Universities, higher apprenticeships and internships with top employers.
We regularly support student onto competitive courses such as Veterinary Science, Medicine and Dentistry.
Click the links below to read the experience of students who have recently been supported by the A*spire programme.