Summer school is an annual one week package, offered over a two week period, that is tailored to Year 6 students in the local community and surrounding areas.
The summer school programme has been running for the last 16 years through sponsorship of amazing local businesses.
For summer of 2021 we renovated the summer school programme. Historically this has been part of our A*spire Programme for students who are ‘gifted and talented’ and have shown an aptitude for Science and Maths, however for this year we had a brand new Summer School Coordinator, Samantha Robinson, and she decided to offer this opportunity up to all students. Together they explored a wide range of creative, educational and aspiration raising sessions and workshops.
The students enjoyed a range of activities including:
- Introduction to First Aid with Emergency Care Worker Neil McGowan, and JLC Wellbeing Officer Wendy Siddall
- Hull University’s Planetarium Experience
- Airkings visit
- Trip to UCNL making Philipps 66 racing cars and launching our own rockets
- Tour and careers workshop with Bishop Grosseteste University
- Making slime, burning foods and a murder mystery challange with JLC science department
- Colour run and sports activities
- Wellbeing workshop
- Visit to Cleethorpes and The Jungle Zoo
- Drama workshop and games
- Journalism workshop with the JLC English department and recording our own news show
Week One: Monday 25th July - Friday 29th July 2021 (5 days) FULLY BOOKED
Week Two: Monday 1st August - Friday 5th August 2021 (5days) LIMITED AVAILABILITY
The summer school is designed for pupils in Lincolnshire who have just completed Year 6.
We can assure you it is nothing like school! Students will have the opportunity to do lots of fun activities and experiments which they haven’t done before.
Here’s what previous pupils say:
“It was epic”.
“It’s cool, enjoyable and the entire experience was just brilliant”.
“It was fun to learn new stuff”.
“I really enjoyed summer school and I have learnt a lot”.