top of page


T Level

Two Years


5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English, Maths and Science


This course is assessed by 2 set examinations,
an Employer Set Project,
1 Professional Discussion/Assessment,
2 Practical Assessments and Case Study Assessment

About this course

This T Level in Health will give you knowledge and skills you need. It offers the perfect blend of theoretical study and hands-on work experience, with the opportunity to work on the frontline of the NHS and with local health and social care facilities and providers. The T Level in Health (Supporting the Adult Nursing Team) is equivalent to 3 A Levels and is a suitable course option if you are passionate about a career in the health sector, with a particular focus on supporting the adult nursing team. The T Level will combine classroom work with work experience placements across the 2-year course, developing core knowledge and relevant career specific skills. This ensures that you have the knowledge and skills needed to progress onto health-related university courses, apprenticeships or employment. We work closely with the local NHS trust in giving students valuable industry experience.

T Levels have been developed in collaboration with employers to meet industry needs. They are a Level 3 qualification equivalent to 3 A Levels and offer you a balance of classroom theory, practical learning and a hands-on industry placement. You will spend 80% of your time in the classroom and the other 20% in the workplace. T Levels also carry UCAS points to take you on to university. You will undertake 315 hours of industry placement over the duration of the two-year course.

The Health and Social Care department has four dedicated teaching rooms in B-Block and a specialist clinical room. You will have access to textbooks for the duration of the course which you are expected to use productively along with self-directed internet research to complete your assessments. This course will be delivered and led by the Health and Social Care department with specific support from science specialists. The programme of study features a combination of classroom learning and an industry placement.

A John Leggott College student with a resuscitation dummy


Sophie Underhill

Who is this aimed at?

This course is aimed at students who:

  • Wish to progress into a career within the Allied Health Professions

  • Wish to develop the special strengths and qualities needed for work in the health sector

  • Like to apply their learning in the workplace

  • Have a high level of commitment to study and helping people

  • Are willing to embrace a flexible approach to their own learning

What will you learn?

Working within the health and science sector

  • The healthcare sectors

  • Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector

  • Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector

  •  Managing information and data within the healthcare sector

  •  Managing personal information

  • Good scientific and clinical practice

  •  Providing person-centred care

  •  Health and wellbeing

  •  Infection prevention and control in health specific settings

  • Safeguarding

  •  Core and further science concepts

  • Core skills

  •  Supporting the adult nursing team

What skills will you develop?

Professional development

  • Nursing

  • Paramedic

  • Midwife 

  • Operating Department Practitioner (ODP)

  • Health Care Assistant 

  • Ambulance Support Worker

  • Senior Healthcare Support Workers.

bottom of page