This course is ideal for learners progressing from a Creative Arts subject a Level Three who wish to progress into a career in the Creative Arts industry or to gain a stepping stone to university. This course is a one-year subject and will allow students to explore a range of areas. They are then able to choose a subject specialism through exploratory, pathway and confirmatory options.
Click here for our dedicated curriculum intent.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Who wish to progress into a career in the Creative Arts industry
- Who wish to gain a stepping stone to university
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework. Core units:
- The Exploratory Stage; this offers students the opportunity to experience a wide range of studio activities spanning two and three dimensional subject disciplines.
- The Pathway Stage; this offers the opportunity for students to discover their own strengths within a specific subject area.
- The Confirmatory Stage; at this stage of the course students negotiate individual programmes of work with a focus on specific subject areas. The term ends with a final assessment exhibition.
What skills will you develop?
There are a variety of different progression routes you can follow with this course. This can include different pathways to achieve numerous careers through Higher Education, Apprenticeships or directly into Employment. Here are some progression routes:
- Art Direction
- Jewellery Design
- Ceramic Design
- Fine Art
- Art History
- Commercial Art
Level Three and Four
A successful portfolio, interview
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.