This course is ideal for learners who are considering a STEM career and wish to learn more about a wide range of areas in Engineering. This course looks at Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Material Science, Health and Safety and Maths.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to enhance their scientific and technical knowledge in a well established science department
- Would like to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to progress into higher education to study Engineering
- Would like to progress into a career or an apprenticeship in Engineering of a STEM based subject
- Have a genuine interest in developing their understanding of the diverse range of demands in the modern world of Engineering
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework. The Units are:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Principles and applications of electronic devices and circuits
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
BTEC Level Three
GCSE Grade 4 in Science and Maths with an average points score of 4 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.