This course is ideal for learners who would like the opportunity to resit English GCSE. The resit course will give students a different teaching experience to develop your reading and writing skills. Students will have the opportunity to enter for the November resit dependent upon the quality of work in the first few weeks of the academic year.
Students will be challenged to achieve at least a grade 4.
Click here for our dedicated curriculum intent.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students as an opportunity to resit their Maths and/or English GCSE alongside our other Level Two provision looking to build on their Level Two Portfolio.
What will you learn?
This course is exam based. There are two examination components.
- Component 1 Fiction Texts in the 20th century and Narrative Writing; (40%)
- Component 2 Non-Fiction Texts in the 19th and 21st centuries and Transactional Writing (60%).
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Analysing and evaluating fiction and non-fiction texts
- Writing fiction and non-fiction responses.
- Reading Skills
- Writing exam skills
- Meeting deadlines
- Literacy and oracy communication skills
An opportunity to resit English GCSE.
How is the course assessed:
This course is exam based.