This course is ideal for learners who have an interest fashion design, textiles, costume design, digital textiles, printed and dyed fabric, domestic, wallpaper, interior design, art textiles.
You could complement your studies with attending trips and visits to art galleries and other cultural events where you could enter your work into exhibitions.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress to Higher Education to study fashion, interior design, retail management, buying and visual merchandising.
- Would like to be creative
- Would like to find out more about the range of textile products are designed and made
- Would like to develop their practical skills
- Have an interest in fashion and design in its broadest sense
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by a personal investigation (60%) and an externally set assignment (40%) The Units are:
- Art & Design: Explore the relationship between practical ideas and techniques with the History of Art and Design and a wider professional application.
- Externally-set Assignment: This involves the learner showing evidence of their visual language and analytical skills. The exam submission includes a response to set a theme carried out over an in-class preparation period followed by a 15 hour timed test.
GCSE English at grade 5 or above with a GCSE average points score of 3.2
How is the course assessed:
You will be assessed by exams and a personal investigation.