This course is ideal for learners who have a strong interest in working with numbers and problem solving. The course covers topics such as indices, surds, polynominals, co-ordinate geometry and graphs, differentiation and integration, quadratic theory, trigonometry, sequences and series algebra, numerical methods, differential equations, vectors, force as a vector, equilibrium of a particle, kinematics and many more.
There is the opportunity to take part in a national Mathematics competition as well as attending the popular Scary Maths classes that take place at lunchtime.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Have an interest in and enthusiasm for Mathematics
- Enjoy problem-solving and developing ideas in a mathematical context
- Enjoy relating Mathematics to real life situations, in particular, how mathematical models can be used to simulate these situations
- Would like to progress in any career which involves Mathematics, such as Engineering, Sciences, Accountancy, Finance
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams. The Units are:
- Algebra and functions
- Coordinate geometry
- Sequences and series
- Exponentials and logarithms
- Quantities and units in mechanics
- Forces and Newton’s law
- Statistical sampling
- Data presentation and interpretation
- Statistical distributions
- Statistical hypothesis testing
GCSE Maths at Grade 6 and an average points score of 5.7 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams.