This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in Photography as an art form and wish to learn about materials, techniques and processes, dark room practice, location and studio photography.
There will be opportunities to visit art galleries and other cultural events and you may have the opportunity to enter your work into exhibitions.
You could complement your studies with an additional subject within the Creative Arts Academy and work towards an extra qualification – Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Have an interest in Photography as an art form
- Have an interest in a career within creative Photography
- Prefer a BTEC style of learning
- Would like to progress onto the ABC Art Foundation Course at JLC
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework. The Units are:
- Practical surroundings
- Developing a basic understanding of the function or art and photography in society
BTEC Level Three
GCSE Grade 4 in English with an interest in the subject.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.
The course allows a lot of creative freedom, so it is just enjoyable to do what you want whilst still learning and expanding a skill set.