The John Leggott College Corporation (or Governing Body, as it is also known) plays a crucial and varied role in contributing to the success of the College. Over the years, Governors have strived to forge positive relationships with the staff, students, parents and members of the wider community.
The Corporation is responsible for a whole host of decisions and activities, details of which can be found within this section of the website.
If you are interested further in the work of the Corporation then please contact our Clerk Becky Robinson.
Public Access Statement
Members of the Corporation and the Clerk are entitled to attend every meeting of the Corporation including committees.
If someone wishes to attend a meeting who is not a member or the Clerk then this shall be decided by the Corporation.
If you are interested in attending a meeting then please contact the Clerk to the Corporation.
The Corporation delegates functions to four committees:
Search and Governance
The Clerk to the Corporation is Becky Robinson and can be contacted via:
Clerk to the Corporation
John Leggott College
Please note that contact with any member of the Governing Body must be made through the Clerk
- Meetings Calendar
The Corporation are committed to ensuring that the Governing Body is comprised of members who bring with them a combination of diversity, skills, expertise, knowledge, common sense and direct experience relevant to the work of the College.
To ensure that the Corporation is well-balanced and changing in step with the development of the College and its community, the members periodically identify gaps in membership and take active steps to recruit new members when vacancies occur.
New Corporation members are offered induction in their roles and responsibilities and the work of the College, and existing members are offered a training and development programme to update their knowledge.
If you are interested in serving on the Corporation or on one of its committees then please contact the Clerk to the Corporation or alternatively please download the form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do?
The roles and responsibilities of the Corporation (or Governing Body as it is also known as) are many and varied. However, legally the main roles and responsibilities (as determined by the Instruments and Articles) are summed up as follows:
- the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the institution and for the oversight of its activities;
- approving the quality strategy of the institution;
- the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the institution and the Corporation and for safeguarding their assets;
- approving annual estimates of income and expenditure;
- the appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of the pay and conditions of service of the holders of senior posts and the Clerk including, where the Clerk is, or is to be appointed as, a member of staff, the Clerk’s appointment, grading, suspension, dismissal and determination of pay in the capacity of a member of staff;
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
- Other areas that are considered by the Corporation include:
- monitoring and evaluating the College activities and services
- strategic planning of long term issues as well as the short and medium term
involvement in the recruitment of other staff as well as senior post holders and the Clerk
- promoting the college
- assessing the effectiveness of the Corporation (self assessment)
- ensuring compliance with legislation and policies adopted by the Corporation
In order to ensure that full consideration is given to every decision and that the workload is manageable a number of committees have been set up. Details can be found on the committee link.
Who are we?
Please note that contact with any member of the Corporation must be made through the Clerk
Clerk to the Corporation
John Leggott College
West Common Lane
Work: 01724 407061
Junaid Aslam External Member Alex Douglas External Member Simon Driver External Member John Fitzgerald External Member Sylvia Hotchin External Member Maddie Lingard Student Member Ann Moore External Member Andrew Pascoe External Member Leon Riley Principal Kelly Rinaldi Staff Member Paul Townsley External Member VACANCY Student Member
- Annual Report & Financial Statements
- Data Protection & Freedom of Information
- Whistleblowing & Anti-Fraud
Development Plan (including Mission & Vision)
How to Complain
John Leggott College aspires to provide an impeccable service to all of its stakeholders and we welcome your feedback to help us deliver this.
If we fail to meet your expectations then please let us know – you can do this by accessing the Complaints Procedure detailed below.
The college operates an open door policy for its stakeholders including parents, guardians, professional bodies, neighbours and students. We hope anyone feels they can approach a member of staff with any issues or concerns.
Consequently, we will aim to address any issues as quickly as possible. When possible, complaints can be handled informally, whereby the staff member approached will endeavour to manage your complaint appropriately and promptly and to your satisfaction. Other occasions may require a formal investigation.
We welcome you to inform us of your concern/enquiry via this confidential link. Once completed, the details are forwarded to the Clerk to the Corporation who will log your comments, send an acknowledgement of receipt and forward to the relevant person to investigate. Please ensure you provide enough information for us to act appropriately. We may have to get in touch with you for further clarification.
For your information, the “contact us” form can be accessed by following this link:
- Key Documents