This course is ideal for learners who have a creative streak and enjoy creating full size working prototypes, furniture or architectural models using wood, metal and plastics. Students should enjoy practical work and problem solving.
There is the opportunity to attend annual trips to collect primary research and broaden knowledge of existing artists/design and techniques.
Who is this course aimed at?
- Have a creative streak and enjoy creating full-size working prototypes, scaled models or architectural models.
- Enjoy problem solving and practical work
- Have an interest in either Furniture Design, Architecture, Product Design, Engineering, Industrial Design, Motorsport Design or Automotive Design
- Are preparing for a wide range of higher education courses and employment
- Many students go on to further education in areas including Product Design and Industrial Design, Engineering and Furniture Design
What will you learn?
- Personal Investigation
- Externally Set Assignment
GCSE Grade 4 in D&T, English and Maths.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by practical work (60%) and an exam (40%).