This course is ideal for learners who have a creative streak and enjoy creating full size working prototypes, scaled furniture or architectural models using a range of materials. There is the opportunity to create ideas within several areas including product design, architecture, jewellery, ceramics and sculpture. Students should enjoy practical work and problem solving.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Have a creative streak and enjoy creating full-size working prototypes, scaled models or architectural models.
- Enjoy problem solving and practical work
- Have an interest in either Furniture Design, Architecture, Product Design, Engineering, Industrial Design, Motorsport Design or Automotive Design
- Are preparing for a wide range of higher education courses and employment
- Many students go on to further education in areas including Product Design and Industrial Design, Engineering and Furniture Design
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by practical work (60%) and an exam (40%). Core Units:
- Personal Investigation
- Externally Set Assignment
GCSE English at grade 4 or above with an average points score of 3.2.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by practical work (60%) and an exam (40%).