This course is ideal for students who are interested in studying science but do not wish to study a separate A Level Science qualification.
This course can be taken as a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (*) or a BTEC Diploma (**) so there is something to suit each learner’s choice of study programme.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress to Higher Education to study Science or a Health related field
- Would like to gain a broad understanding of science
- Would like to take a course that is assessed entirely by coursework
- Have a strong interest in the work of scientist in a range of different fields
What will you learn?
All units taken count towards the final grade that is awarded.
Core Units are:BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (1 A Level equivalent):
- Fundamentals of Science
- Working in the Science Industry
- Scientific Practical Techniques
- Scientific Investigations
- Perceptions of Science
- Using Mathematical Tools in Science
- Using Statistics in Science
- Physiology of Body Systems
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Medical Physics Techniques
- Industrial Chemical Reactions
BTEC Level Three
GCSE Grade 4 in Science, Maths and English with an average points score of 3.2 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework.