This course is ideal for learners who would like to understand what a business is and how a successful business functions. This will include studying topics such as leadership, decision making, business performance in terms of marketing, operations, finance and human resources.
Click here for our dedicated curriculum intent.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress to Higher Education to study Business
- Would like to become self-employed
- Assess decision making and learn how to improve organisational performance
- Develop a strategic understanding of how businesses work
- Study and engage with the business world and follow corporate developments
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams. Core Units:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Technical Language
- Self Confidence
- Time Management
- Self Motivation
- Exam Techniques
- Seeks Challenge
- Making Decisions
There are a variety of different progression routes you can follow with this course. This can include different pathways to achieve numerous careers through Higher Education, Apprenticeships or directly into Employment. Here are some progression routes:
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Business Management
GCSE Grade 5 in Maths, 4 in English with an average points score of 4.9 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams.