This course is ideal for learners who have a strong science background and are considering a STEM based career. Students will learn about diverse topics such as the Bohr model of the atom and evidence to support from the patterns in the Periodic table, to the manufacture and disposal of plastics.
You could complement your studies with enrichment activities including Virtual Medicine, Medical society or Science society.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress onto Higher Education in a science based subject
- Would like to progress onto Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, Pharmacy and Environmental Management as this course is essential for entry
- Enjoy problem solving and application of knowledge in unfamiliar situation
- Enjoy using mathematical skills
- Are good at manipulating practical equipment
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams. The Units are:
- Development of Practical Skills in Chemistry
- Foundations in Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Energy
- Core Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Organic Chemistry and Analysis
GCSE Grade 6 in Science and Grade 5 in Maths with an average points score of 5.7 or above
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams and a stand alone practical endorsement.