This course is ideal for learners who are interested in learning about designing and building electronic circuits. Students will learn about a wide variety of different components and how they can be combined together to create circuits designed to solve complex problems.
This course is designed assuming students have no prior knowledge of the field and we will support you through your studies to begin and enhance your understanding to ensure you achieve your progression aim.
The world that we live in is constantly evolving and technology is at the heart of this change – do you want to be a part of that?
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress in an Engineering or IT based career such as electronic manufacturing, the armed forces, scientific research or many more
- Would like to be creative in carrying out a practical research project
- Enjoy problem solving and can work logically
- Enjoy working practically
- Enjoy using IT in a variety of different ways
- Enjoy finding out how electronic devices work
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams (80%) and coursework (20%) The Units are:
- Principles of Electronics
- Design and Realisation Tasks
- Electronic Communication Systems
- Extended Design and Realisation tasks
GCSE Grade 5 in Science and Maths with an average points score of 4.2 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams (80%) and coursework (20%)