This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in the English legal system. Students will learn about the civil and criminal courts, the power of the police, sentencing and how law is made my Parliament and judges. Students will also look at topics including the basic principles of negligence, trespass to the person, liability for animals and nuisance as an introduction to the law of tort.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to go into a career where Law would be beneficial, Police, the legal system etc
- Would like to progress to Higher Education to study Law
- Would like to develop knowledge and skills for the further study of law, and related subjects, such as business
- Would like to develop knowledge of the law in England, and an awareness of law in a European and global context
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by exams Core Units:
- The legal system and criminal law: Introduces learners to the legal system and familiarises them to the concept of liability through an introduction to criminal law.
- Law making and the law of tort: Introduces learners to the law making and familiarises them to the concept of liability through an introduction to the law of tort.
- The nature of law and Contract law: Enables learners to extend their study of law. They will explore and consider in more detail the nature of law and develop their legal knowledge through the study of contract law
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Exam Techniques
- Self Confidence
- Creativity & Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Independent Study
- Revision Skills
- Seeks Challenge
- Self Motivation
GCSE Grade 5 in English with an average points score of 5 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams.