This course is ideal for learners who would like an opportunity to resit Maths GCSE. Students will have the opportunity to enter for the November resit dependent upon the quality of work in the first few weeks of the academic year and their prior GCSE grade. Students will be challenged to at least achieve a grade 4.
Click here for our dedicated curriculum intent.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who require the opportunity to resit their Maths GCSE.
What will you learn?
This course is exam based.
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Problem Solving
- Calculating with decimals, fractions and %
- Simplifying algebra
- Solving equations
- Constructing and interpreting statistical diagrams
- Calculate missing angles
- Solving area and perimeter problems
- Transform Shapes
- Interpret a range of graphs
- Interpret straight lines and gradients
- Calculate probabilities
- Ratios and proportional reasoning
- Time management
- Decision making
Progression on to a Level Three Pathway.
An opportunity to resit Maths GCSE.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams.