This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in sport who wish to learn about many aspects on the sector. This course is also attractive to students who would like to join one of our fantastic sport enrichment’s. We have a range of sports team to participate in such as Football, Rugby, Netball, Basketball and many more.
This course is ideal for learners who prefer an exam based subject and are looking at taking this qualification further in higher education.
To study this course students must be actively involved in a competitive sport outside of college as well.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Wish to progress on to a sport-related degree course, or a career in sport (such as coaching or teaching)
- Have an interest and practical competence in sport
- Would like to understand more about theoretical aspects of sport through practical involvement
- Would like to know more about how the body functions and the effects of exercise
- Would like to evaluate and improve their own sporting performance
- Would like to explore different methods to analyse and improve sports performance
- Would like to take a course where assessment is mainly by coursework
- Would like to go directly into employment in the sport, leisure and recreation sector
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by three exams (70%) and a practical performance and evaluation (30%). The Units are:
- Physiological factors affecting performance
- Psychological factors affecting performance
- Socio-cultural issues in physical activity and sport
- Practical performance in physical activity
GCSE Grade 4 in English and Science with an average points score of 4.9 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by exams (70%) and a practical assessment (30%)