This course is ideal for learners who have an interest in sport who wish to learn about many aspects on the sector. This course is also attractive to students who would like to join one of our fantastic sport enrichment’s. We have a range of sports team to participate in such as Football, Rugby, Netball, Basketball and many more.
Students will also complete the Sport Leader Award. Students will look at leading their own sessions alongside physical readiness. This qualification also carries UCAS points and allows you to develop the communication and organisational skills needed to be an effective leader.
This course can be taken as a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma (*) BTEC Diploma (**) or as a BTEC Extended Diploma (***), so there is something to suit each learner’s choice of study programme.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Wish to progress on to a sport-related degree course, or a career in sport (such as coaching or teaching)
- Have an interest and practical competence in sport
- Would like to explore different methods to analyse and improve sports performance
- Would like to take a course where assessment is mainly by coursework
- Would like to go directly into employment in the sport, leisure and recreation sector
What will you learn?
All units count towards the final grade that is awarded. Core Units are:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
BTEC Level Three
GCSE Grade 4 in English and Science with an average points score of 3.2 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed through practical activities and written assignments.