This course is ideal for learners who are interested in learning about the early years sector as part of a balanced study programme. It is intended as an Applied General qualification, and is equivalent in size to 1 A level. It supports access to a range of higher education courses, possibly in the early years sector, if taken alongside further level 3 qualifications.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Would like to progress into a setting which involves working with children and families
- Would like to progress onto a HE course which would assist in progressing to a child related occupation e.g Early years, teaching, social work
- An opportunity to complete a mandatory work placement
- An opportunity to build crucial employability skills
What will you learn?
Students taking this qualification will study the following three mandatory units:
- Children’s Development
- Development of Children’s Communication, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Play and Learning
- As well as a centre chosen optional unit.
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Informing Ideas
- Professional Skills
- Technical Skills
- Problem solving
- Time Management
BTEC Level Three
No prior study of the sector is needed, however a minimum of 5 GCSE's on average 5 or above.
How is the course assessed:
You are assessed by BTEC exams and also by assignments set by the college.