This course is ideal for learners who enjoy seeing musicals and discussing performance work, have a love for Musical Theatre and enjoy singing, dancing and acting. It is suitable for students who enjoy reflecting on performance work and developing skills as a performer.
This qualification is valued by many employers recruiting for people-orientated careers. This course enables learners to build on many transferable skills including teamwork, independence and communication skills, as well as building your confidence levels, all of which are valued by employers.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Enjoy seeing Musicals and discussing performance work
- Have a passion for Musical Theatre and an interest in singing, dancing and acting
- Enjoy reflecting on performance work and developing skills as a Musical Theatre performer
- Would like to develop an appreciation for Musical Theatre and live performance work
- Enjoy working with others to produce performance material for an audience
- Would like to study Performing Arts or Musical Theatre at university
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by a performance. The Units are:
- Group Performance
- Acting Styles
- Singing Techniques
- Musical Theatre Techniques
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Performance
What skills will you develop?
Skills students will develop on this course include:
- Analysing and evaluating personal development and the performing arts industry
- Developing live performance ideas
- Devising original performance material
- Responding to direction and feedback
- Creative decision making and problem solving
- Professional rehearsal behaviours
- Time management
- Communication skills
BTEC Level Three
GCSE English at grade 4 with an interest in the subject.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by a performance.