This course is ideal for learners who have a genuine love and appreciation for Dance across a range of styles and disciplines. The course is highly practical and is taught in a professional setting in a purpose-built and fully equipped dance studio.
Students will have the opportunity to showcase their skill-set, progressing into industry based work in the future. As part of the course students will learn about opportunities in Performing Arts, choreography and the appreciation of professional dance partners.
Students will have the opportunity to go on theatre visits to see live performance and participate in workshops delivered by professional companies.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at students who:
- Have a genuine interest in all aspects of dance
- Enjoy seeing live dance theatre, and discussing it
- Enjoy performing and choreographing
What next?You could gain a place on a Higher Education dance course, such as a HND or a degree or use the qualification to support you in further study in a wide range of subjects. You will also be attractive to employers in people-related industries.
What will you learn?
This course is assessed by coursework and practicals. The Units are:
- Dance Performance - Exploring a variety of styles and practitioners to develop and apply skills for live performance
- Developing Contemporary Dance Technique - Exploring influential historical and contemporary practitioners to develop contemporary dance skills.
- Skills Development in Performing Arts: students will look at their own skill level and understand how to assess their current ability within dance
GCSE Dance at Grade 4 or 5 in contemporary, modern, ballet or jazz, GCSE English at Grade 5 with an average GCSE score of 4 or above.
How is the course assessed:
This course is assessed by coursework and practicals.